Arts Orange County presents Imagination Celebration: the annual, county-wide, Spring arts festival for children, teenagers, families, and creative people of all ages. Presented in partnership with the Orange County Department of Education, Imagination Celebration dynamically connects the community, arts organizations, universities, and Orange County students through meaningful arts experiences.
Imagination Celebration consists of 30-50 Festival Sites across the county (including arts organizations, schools, city facilities, city parks, university campuses, movie theaters, libraries, shopping malls, and arboretums), each offering free or afordable visual or performing arts events during April and May. All participating events can be viewed on SparkOC.com starting in March.
|2013 Imagination Celebration Official Poster Contest Winner:
Reid Barraza, 11th grade, Orange County School of the Arts, Santa Ana.
|2013 Imagination Celebration People's Choice Winner: |
Elaine Huynh, 12th grade, Mater Dei High School, Santa Ana.
- Each participating organization will design and produce its own event for the Imagination Celebration.
- Each event should offer 2 - 4 hours of engagement with some combination of two or more of the following: exhibitions, performances by selected youth groups and professional artists, and hands-on activities or workshops.
- Ticketed events should offer a ticket price of under $15 (preferably $5-$8) to insure affordability for families.
- For further details on how to participate as a Festival Site, please go here.
- Orange County students in grades 7 - 12 have the opportunity to create the official poster for the Imagination Celebration.
- The winning poster will be reproduced on posters, ads, and flyers relating to the festival.
- The top thirty outstanding entries will be publicly exhibited during the festival at a selected art gallery.
- The top three entries receive an honorarium as part of the recognition of their creativity.
- Entries are accepted between September and December after the year's theme is announced.
- For more information about the poster contest, please go here. (PLEASE NOTE: The Deadline for the 2013 Contest has ended)
- Art teachers from both public and private schools in Orange County are encouraged to submit their student's artwork into Imagination Celebration art exhibitions.
- Please click here for submission guidelines, themes, and deadlines.
- The annual VSA Festival celebrates the artistic accomplishments of individuals with disabilities.
- The 37th VSA Festival will take place on Saturday, April 20, 2013 at MainPlace Mall in Santa Ana.
- Click here to download an application for participation as a VSA Festival visual or performing artist. (Application due 2/22/13)
|Irvine Valley College||Anaheim Ballet||Very Special Arts|
|Backhaus Dance at Irvine Barclay Theater||Soka University||Hand-on activities|
|Santa Ana Artists Village||Hands on Creativity||Laguna Art Museum|
|Orange County Youth Symphony||City of Cypress||Orange County Museum of Art|