We're thrilled that you're interested in being a part of the annual Imagination Celebration. This country-wide festival of arts for children and families has become a beloved tradition. This gives your organization the chance to associate with a strong, recognizable brand. You can showcase your family programming to a wider market, whether you adapt an existing family-friendly event which takes place during the festival period, or create a new offering just for the occasion. And for Arts Orange County Member Organizations, there is no cost to participate!
As a part of Imagination Celebration, your event will be included in print and digital promotion to the homes of over 250,000 schoolchildren via our partners, the OC Department of Education. Our free local events platform, SparkOC.com, will feature your event on a dedicated page, which we'll promote via regular blasts to our e-mail subscribers and posts to our social media accounts. And for in-person events, we'll provide a large display banner letting people know that you're a part of the Celebration!
The 38th Imagination Celebration will take place in the Spring of 2023. This page will update with new dates and registration info as soon as it is ready to share.
If you have any questions, contact Elizabeth Miller!
REGISTRATION IS OVER UNTIL 2023. PLEASE CHECK BACK THEN!
To get started registering your event for Imagination Celebration, just review the guidelines below and then follow these steps:
• Make sure your organization is registered at SparkOC.com and that you have a login and password or submitting events there. Only ArtsOC Member* organizations can produce Imagination Celebration events.
*To learn how your organization can become a member in time to participate, contact Karen Ahola.
• Once your browser is logged in to your account on SparkOC.com, then Use this link to Begin.
• If the link does not take you to the Event Registration page, then you can enter the event as you normally would at SparkOC.com. Just be sure to select "Imagination Celebration" as a co-presenting organization to ensure that we are able to list and promote it under that banner.
• Your application must be filled out by 5:00pm on March 23rd, 2022. Events will be accepted after this date, however inclusion in all marketing materials cannot be guaranteed after this date.
• Contact Nicholas Thurkettle for questions about using SparkOC.com.
Guidelines for Participation:
Each participating organization designs and produces its own event for the Imagination Celebration. Between 40-50 organizations participate each year.
Each event MUST:
• Take place during the festival dates
• Be open to the public
• Be affordable
• Be accessible
• Feature at least one arts discipline
• Contain one or more of the following elements:
- Presentation of a professional performing artist or arts group
- Strong educational component
- Showcase young people's achievement
- Participatory, hands-on arts activities
- Multi-generational, multi-cultural, multi-discipline
1. All official organizations will be included in the Imagination Celebration flyer.
2. Events will be directly promoted to over 250,000 school children in grades K-8, as well as to all participating Imagination Celebration festival sites.
3. Official Events will be featured on SparkOC.com.
4. ArtsOC will handle marketing and publicity for the festival.
5. ArtsOC will supply participating organizations with IC logos, posters, a banner, & any other promotional materials created.
Participating is Easy:
1. Submit your on-line application on SparkOC to participate by the registration deadline
2. Volunteer for at least 1 hour supporting the distribution of marketing materials, or the visual arts Exhibitions
3. Display Imagination Celebration festival brochures at your site before and during the festival dates
4. Hang up the festival banner during your event.