Artist Calls Now Open!
Placentia Gateway - A Clean California Public Art Project from Caltrans and the City of Placentia
The City of Placentia is pleased to announce a Request for Qualifications/RFQ to commission an artist or artist team to design and install two permanent public artworks:
1) Mural artwork for both sides of the W. Crowther Ave. underpass
2) A large-scale sculpture for the land contained by the Orangethorpe Ave. onramp/offramp
Apply for Free at callforentry.org
Submissions due June 1st, 2022
W. Crowther Ave. Underpass
Compass Diversified - Costa Mesa Workspace
Compass Diversified recognizes that place and space design within the office environment plays an important role when thinking about the health and wellbeing of employees. Creating a place where employees are proud to come into work underpins the way we do business. At the end of 2021, Compass moved into a newly designed office space in Costa Mesa. We are now looking to partner with local community artists to design pieces of art that will hang/stand in our office space.
Compass Diversified is offering up to a budget of $55,000 for two works created by an artist that lives and works in Orange County; to include artists fee, materials, delivery, installation, and all other costs associated with the project. Arts Orange County is proud to be managing and facilitating the submission and review process on their behalf.
Apply for Free at artsoc.slideroom.com
Submissions due May 31st, 2022
SparkOC - Where the Arts Happen in Orange County
SparkOC.com is our free community site, and the first place to look for any listings we've found for employment, grants, artist calls, classes and workshops, and more. Keep the Classifieds section bookmarked and check it out often! And don't forget that you can create a free profile for yourself as a venue, arts organization, or individual artist, and use it post your own events and opportunities for thousands of arts-curious visitors.
Newport Beach Civic Center Sculpture Exhibition
The Arts Commission of the City of Newport Beach launched an initiative to turn its spectacular, 14-acre Civic Center Park into a "Museum Without Walls", installing works from sculptors around the world in an evolving exhibition that cycles up to ten new works into the park every year. With ArtsOC's assistance managing the process, the works are selected by a jury consisting of Arts Commission Members and outside art experts, with input sought from members of the Newport Beach community via a public poll.
The works selected for Phase VI are now installed and will be on display through June 2023, alongside the Phase V works which will be displayed through June 2022. Submissions are now open for Phase VII at SlideRoom.
Map of Phase V and Phase VI Sculptures
Phase V Sculptures (De-Installing June '22!):
- The Unbearable Lightness of Being by Patricia Vader (Martinez, CA)
- Cosmo by Roger Heitzman (Scotts Valley, CA)
- Primemover by Grant Irish (Oakland, CA)
- Fractured Peace by Nancy Mooslin (Los Angeles, CA)
- Individuality n.1 by ARTECLETTICA (Dominic Panziera & Daniela Garofalo) (Truckee, CA) Metal work by Anton Standteine
- Window to the Sea by Andra Broekelschen (Corona del Mar, CA)
- Seated Diana by Curt Brill (Tucson, AZ)
- Dude Ascending by Joe Forest Sackett (Albuquerque, NM)
- I’m Listening by Monica Wyatt (Studio City, CA)
- Marble Shooter by Ron Whitacre (Laguna Beach, CA)
Phase VI Sculptures:
- The Migration of My Dreams by Marisabel Bazan (West Hollywood, CA)
- (x)ofmanychildren by Roberto Visani (Brooklyn, New York)
- Leaf Spiral by Ken McCall (Boise, ID)
- Finish Line by Ron Whitacre (Laguna Beach, CA)
- Scorpion by Colin Selig (Walnut Creek, CA)
- Celestial Carousel by Adrian Susnea Litman (Santa Rosa, CA)
- Talking Heads by Oleg Lobykin (East Palo Alto, CA)
- Birdman by Steven L. Rieman (Yucca Valley, CA)
- Woodpeckers by Michael Mclaughlin (Torrington, CT)
- Suncrest by Eino Romppanen (Pahrump, NV)